Last Revised: May 1, 2014
Adopia has a no tolerance spam policy. Adopia's fraud support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to a large number of contacts. Any customer found to be using Adopia for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product.
When using Adopia you must ensure that all local, state, federal, and international laws are followed.
If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Prohibition on Spam; Permission Practices
- Prohibition on Spam. The Site and the Products may not be used for the sending of unsolicited email messages (sometimes called "spam"). All messages sent by means of the Site, API, or the Products shall be in compliance with our Anti-Spam Policy.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Site and the Products do not generate a number of spam or other complaints in excess of industry norms. We may terminate your access to or use of the Site and the Products if we determine that your level of spam or other complaints is higher than industry norms, as determined by us in our sole discretion. As a matter of privacy, we will not share with you information about those recipients who complain about your use of the Products or file a spam report against you.
- You must import, access or otherwise use only contact lists in connection with the Site and the Products for which all listed parties have consented to receive correspondence from you (such as by opting into your "Join My Mailing List" link). It is not sufficient consent to receive email correspondence from you if a person or organization participates in a survey or registers for an event, clicks "Like" on your Facebook® page, or "follows" you on Twitter®. If you have used our feature that allows you to request a recipient to confirm that you have the recipient's permission to send messages to such recipient (assuming such use is permitted by laws applicable to you), and such recipient has not responded or does not respond affirmatively to such request for confirmation, you agree that you shall not send messages to that recipient.
- You may not to send messages through the Site or the Products to distribution lists, newsgroups, publicly available press or media addresses or purchased email addresses.
- We reserve the right without notice to take all measures of any nature (whether legal, technical or otherwise) to prevent unsolicited bulk email and/or other unauthorized email, messages or campaigns from entering, utilizing or remaining within our network.
Messages - In your use of the Site or the Products, you shall represent yourself or your organization accurately and will not impersonate any other person, whether actual or fictitious.
- You agree that you are the sole or designated "sender" (as such term is defined in the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and any rules or regulations adopted under such act (the "CAN-SPAM Act")) of any message sent by you using the Site or the Products. Similarly, for messages sent to Canadian email accounts, you are the sole person sending or causing or permitting the message to be sent by you using the Site or the Products (within the meaning of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, S.C. 2010, c. 23 ("Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation")).
- Any email message sent by you using the Site or the Products, (i) the "from" line of any email message sent by you using the Site or the Products will accurately and in a non-deceptive manner identify your organization, your product or your service, (ii) the "subject" line of any email message sent by you using the Site or the Products will not contain any deceptive or misleading content regarding the overall subject matter of the email message, and (iii) you will include your valid physical address, which, if you are located in the United States, may be a valid post office box meeting the registration requirements established by the United States Postal Service.
- You will not remove, disable or attempt to remove or disable either link. You shall monitor and process unsubscribe requests received by you directly within 10 days of submission and update the email addresses to which messages are sent through your Constant Contact account. You cannot charge a fee, require the recipient to give you any personally identifying information beyond an email address, or make the recipient take any step other than sending a reply email or visiting a single page on an Internet website as a condition for honoring an unsubscribe request. As required under the CAN-SPAM Act and Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, you acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining and honoring the list of unsubscribe requests following termination of your Constant Contact account and this Agreement.
- You shall not utilize the Site or the Services to send any message the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service (including content on an Internet website operated for a commercial purpose) (a "commercial electronic mail message" as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act or Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation) to any person who has opted out or otherwise objected to receiving such messages from you or another sender on whose behalf you may be acting