Last Revised: May 1, 2014
Adopia has a no tolerance spam policy. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
We reserve the right without notice to take all measures of any nature (whether legal, technical or otherwise) to prevent unsolicited bulk email and/or other unauthorized email, messages or broadcasts from entering, utilizing or remaining within our network.
You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Site and the Products do not generate a number of spam or other complaints in excess of industry norms. We may terminate your access to or use of the Site and or Service if we determine that your level of spam or other complaints is higher than industry norms, as determined by us in our sole discretion. As a matter of privacy, we will not share with you information about those recipients who complain about your use of the Products or file a spam report against you.
Using Site or Services You may only send permission-based email. This means that all recipients must have opted-in to receive communications from You. The opt-in process requires that a potential user actively selects the products or services they are interested in and wish to subscribe to.
Recipient Lists – A Recipients list is a list of users that have completed your opt-in process and signed up to receive communications from you. You must import, access or otherwise use only contact lists in connection with the Site and the Products for which all listed parties have consented to receive correspondence from you (such as by opting into your "Join My Mailing List" link). It is not sufficient consent to receive email correspondence from you if a person or organization participates in a survey or registers for an event, clicks "Like" on your Facebook® page, or "follows" you on Twitter®. If you have used our feature that allows you to request a recipient to confirm that you have the recipient's permission to send messages to such recipient (assuming such use is permitted by laws applicable to you), and such recipient has not responded or does not respond affirmatively to such request for confirmation, you agree that you shall not send messages to that recipient.
There are various methods of collecting such lists:
- You may:
- Use Our web form.
- Integrate Our API into a signup path or e-mail Opt-In process
- Import recipients that You have granted access to and received permission to send to recipients address for the product and services You offer.
- You may not:
- Harvest emails from web sites
- Purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- Rent lists
- Borrow or lend lists
- Have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- Add an email address into a list without the subscriber's permission
Content - You shall not use Our Site, Service, or API to send, advertise or disseminate anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass any person.
- You may not send:
- Pornography or other sexually explicit emails
- Emails offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that contain Spam (Spam may include, but not be limited to, any undesired electronic content generated automatically for commercial purposes; and unsolicited, bulk email distribution).
- Marketing or commercial email without written permission from owner (You may be asked by Us to provide proof of permission at any time)
- Any material that was not either created by you or provided for you to use, or material that would violate anyone's rights. Such prohibited material may include any kind of content, such as text, copy, photography, graphics, and logos.
- You shall not offer any of the following types of services, products, or content:
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, lead generation opportunities, or payday advances
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market-related content
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult novelty items or references
- List brokers or list rental services
Prohibited Actions - You are prohibited from:
- Importing or incorporating any of the following into any lists, emails, or uploads to our servers:
- Social Security numbers;
- Security credentials;
- Confidential information;
- Sensitive personal information; or
- Personally Identifiable Information as that term is contemplated in the law.
- Sending transactional messages through Our Site, Service, or API.
- Sending email through Our Site, Service, or API that will be delivered to recipients as text messages, SMS, or MMS messages, or any other form of delivery to cellular devices.
- Using an outside unsubscribe process.
- Sending content created using Our Our Site, Service, or API through another service without written permission.
Messages - In your use of Our Site, Service, or API, you shall represent yourself or your organization accurately and will not impersonate any other person, whether actual or fictitious.
- You agree that you are the sole or designated "sender" (as such term is defined in the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and any rules or regulations adopted under such act (the "CAN-SPAM Act") of any message sent by you using the Site or the Products. Similarly, for messages sent to Canadian email accounts, you are the sole person sending or causing or permitting the message to be sent by you using the Site or the Products (within the meaning of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, S.C. 2010, c. 23 ("Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation").
- Any email message sent by you using Our Site, Service, or API, (i) the "from" line of any email message sent by You will accurately and in a non-deceptive manner identify your organization, your product or your service, (ii) the "subject" line of any email message sent by You using Our Site, Service, or API will not contain any deceptive or misleading content regarding the overall subject matter of the email message, and (iii) you will include your valid physical address, which, if you are located in the United States, may be a valid post office box meeting the registration requirements established by the United States Postal Service.
- You will not remove, disable or attempt to remove or disable either link. You shall monitor and process unsubscribe requests received by you directly within 10 days of submission and update the email addresses to which messages are sent through your Adopia account. You cannot charge a fee, require the recipient to give you any personally identifying information beyond an email address, or make the recipient take any step other than sending a reply email or visiting a single page on an Internet website as a condition for honoring an unsubscribe request. As required under the CAN-SPAM Act and Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation, you acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining and honoring the list of unsubscribe requests following termination of your Adopia account and this Agreement.
- You shall not utilize the Our Site, Service, or API to send any message of which the primary purpose is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service (including content on an Internet website operated for a commercial purpose) (a "commercial electronic mail message" as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act or Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation) to any person who has opted out or otherwise objected to receiving such messages from you or another sender on whose behalf you may be acting.